After watching a series of TED videos I came to a realisation that I keep “re-learning” some really tough life principles. It’s almost like falling down a hole and realising while at it’s bottom, “Is this not the same hole I fell down before, oh wait yes, I was supposed to avoid it……DOH!” So to side-step this “insanity”, I’ve come to 10 Fundamental Principles for my LIFE; to anchor, guide and remind me.
- Life’s purpose begins and ends in Christ and for Christ (Dane Balia – NOT YET)
- Nothing takes the place and time of MY family (Dane Balia – NOT YET)
- Don’t try be better than someone else, learn from them. (John Wooden)
- Honesty above all things, Grace right by it’s side to intervene (Dane Balia – NOT YET)
- Success for me is my potential maximised for Christ, my family and for those who I can influence (Dane Balia – NOT YET)
- There is nothing more painful than trying to be someone else. Be all you can BE (United States Army), you the BEST AT IT.
- Understanding the problem is 80% of the solution. (Dane Balia – NOT YET)
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16 KJB
- “He did each single thing as if he did nothing else” – Charles Dickens
- “A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight.” – Proverbs 11:1 KJB
If you unsure what “NOT YET” means, check out this TED Talk.
It’s often overheard “Why did God create us humans to be sinful?”. Usually when that question is asked, it’s someone struggling with the character and nature of God, and the blame often goes to God’s failed DESIGN. It’s indeed a tough question to answer, and often avoided or swept under the carpet by Christians. However, recently I re-read a book that just struck me and gave a really good and logical answer.
God initially programmed and designed “creation” (through scientific law and reason). In fact, it was perfect, it was “mechanical and fixed to precise innate laws”. The physical universe did not have capacity to make choice, it would never disappoint Him or surprise Him. However God wanted a self-portrait, as a painter desiring to express Himself, “He fashioned an image of Himself, to extend His own self-consciousness, He formed a being who, like Himself would stand completely apart from nature, above all other creation”. “When God gave way to self-expression, generating the human race, He was duplicating His own independent personhood. “Thus when He exhaled his breath into Adam’s lungs it was the end of the Creator’s control. God stepped back, and before Him stood a creature made of the essence of God, an independent, self-determining, personal soul, distinct from all others, including God.” With this came free-will, came choice and it’s expression thereof. So “why did God create the human race to be sinful?”, He didn’t. He granted the embodiment of Himself, on a finite-level, the freedom to act, behave and choose as God-himself would, and what man did with that freedom, was entirely his own, as it was God’s. We are reflections of our CHOICE, not our DESIGN.
All italics and the majority of this thought, is found in the book
By Divine Design – Michael Pearl