- What do we believe in? Post-tribulation, Pre-tribulation Rapture?
- Give a verse to support? (1 Thess 5:9, 1 Thess 1:5-10)
The Redemption Plan: (v1-3)
- A 7 Sealed Book: A scroll (writing material made of pages, sewed together into a roll) is called a book (Ezek 2:9-10). Customary to place melted wax on the closed roll, making an impression with an official seal (sometimes a ring). This assured the privacy of material. Daniel received some of these events but was asked to seal it until the end (Daniel 12:8-9). The Seventh Seal book – is a book of God’s wrath and judgement upon the earth, and the seven seal judgements at each breaking of the seal commences from Chapter 6:1-19:21 (where the last seal is broken).
- Three Phase Redemption Plan of God
- Jesus Redeemed the Soul at Calvary (1 Peter 1:18-23)
- Jesus will redeem the body at the Rapture (1 John 3:12)
- Jesus will redeem the earth and all creation during the time of the removal of the Seven Seals (Rom 8:18-23)
- Among these three, there are three laws in Scripture:
(a)The Law of Redemption Concerning a Wife
– Wife died, husband’s brother was to take his widow, so that his name would not die. But he must first be able to support the brother’s widow. Jesus with His own blood “redeemed” the Bride
(b)The Law of Redemption Concerning a Slave
– If a man lost all he had, could not pay his bills, he would be taken by his creditors as a “slave”. Adam lost all when he sinned, and became a slave to “sin”.
(c)The Law of Redemption Concerning Land
– Lev 25:23-25; if a man loses or sells his property, his “kinsman” can come to redeem the land. Adam lost that which was his, the land, the property and it was taken over by satan.
- Further added the qualifications for a “kins man” redeemer:
- He must be a “kin” (near) to the one who lost the property. He could not be a DISTANT relative, He had to be near
- He must be willing to act as a redeemer; not coerced, but by his own free will. It must be done with a heart of willingness and love.
- He must have financial backing to prove that he was able to redeem the lost possession. The Lord had all the riches in the world, but the LORD used the richest of them all, His own blood.
- This is why Jesus Christ alone was worthy? He is the only one that can “redeem” His Bride, He is the only one that can redeem us as “slaves”. He is the only one who can redeem the earth; Him and Him alone. Great Reference (Jeremiah 32:6-15)
- It is here now – that the kinsman (the Lamb) comes on the scene to “redeem” that the “land” – to take the seal, that Great Lamb of God. This is the extent of Christ’s love for His bride, this is the extent of Christ’s heart, this is the extent of our Lord’s passion.
vs. 4 – Was this book important? Of course, how important; note that “John” wept. Would he weep over just any book; no, this was the book that was going to unfold the events for the re-claiming, the redeeming of the land, to set up the Kingdom. What is scripture about? Scripture’s height is not the fall, scriptures height is not Israel, scripture height is not the redemption of the Church; scripture is time and time again, about “whose got the Kingdom?”. Whose ruling and reigning; and right through scripture – we see the battle for the Kingdom of Heaven, the battle of the Kingdom of God; and the final battle, till Christ rules and reigns on this here earth.
vs. 5 Lion of the Tribe of Judah (Gen 48:8-10) – Judah was one of the 7 tribes and this speaks to the Redeemer being born out of the Lineage of Judah. But secondly, He is also the “Root Of David” – As God (Isaiah 11:1,10). He is both the beginning and the end. Note this is what makes Him worthy; being born in the lineage of man, though a God.
vs. 6 Is this not a picture; one can only imagine the Remembrance this brought to God the Father; as He pictured His Son, the Lamb as He was slain. Others around the throne, can only be brought to remembrance of this Great Work of Christ, but also the pain, suffering and temptation He faced in “prevailing” Truly if there was ever a great victor, if there was ever a soldier who went into battle and won the war it was our LORD Jesus. Friends, though at times, in this life we may feel defeated; never ever forget who is the VICTOR, never ever forget who is in control, and never ever forget that He is coming back soon, to Redeem His Bride. PS. Note who is centered in all the events of heaven; it is Christ!
vs. 7 Here we see Jesus claim the book out of the “right hand of him that sat upon the Throne”. Let us not be confused, both God and Christ are on the Throne. Christ is on the right hand of Father. Heb 1:1-3
vs. 8 The Vials full of Odours, are the prayer of the saints. Friend, if you want to be pleasing to the “nose” of our Lord; how much are you praying? Quotes on Prayer:
“Prayer is not getting man’s will done in heaven, but getting God’s will done on earth”.
“There is too much working before Men and too little waiting before God”.
“On His knees the believer is invincible”.
vs. 9 We remember the previous song sung in Heaven by the 4 Beasts; “Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.” (Rev 4:8) was on Christ’s Holiness. But note, when the Church (24 elders) see this, they also break out in song “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power; for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created”. Note their focus was on Christ the “Creator” (Elohim). But now the song has changed; “Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof; for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation, (vs.10) and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on earth”. This is again confirmation that the Church will be heaven, prior to the judgement that is too fall upon the earth.
vs. 11-12 Note that a third group break out, and this time it’s the Angels, and the lead everyone else into singing “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory and blessing”. Right before the Eve of God’s Wrath; comes a Procession of Recognition; of all of Heaven; for Christ. And it’s not just one sect, but everyone, everyone group – all acknowledging that Christ is “worthy”. There is no dispute here. Note their focus, is on Christ receiving the power and glory due to HIM. This world continues to mock Christ, and at this present moment, God has chosen to rule the Kingdom of Heaven (that is on earth); but at the LORDS defeat of satan and His casting of Satan into the “lake of fire” – Christ shall physically rule and reign on this EARTH. In the Kingdom that was originally His to begin with.
vs. 13 If that wasnt enough, now every Creature beings to say “Blessing and Honour, and Glory and Power, br unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. They then turn around and praise both God the Father and the Lamb. From 5:1 – refers to God the Father on the Throne, from who Jesus Christ comes and takes the 7 sealed book.
vs. 14 Its biblical to say “Amen”. Sometimes we get so stuck in our seats, our hearts bubble over, and we fail to express out excitement. The problem with that is that we have “allowed” the world, to dictate to us what Church service should be like. Perhaps it’s Christians themselves who have treated the “church service” with such reverance and formality, that the people themselves have become nothing more than the chosen frozen. If there was ever a “shadow”, a like manner to follow, is that of the Throne of Heaven; surely out of all places; where God lives, that would be the place that would best speak to how we should conduct ourselves; and yet we see different groups of people, angels and creatures; sing praises out to God, from sheer excitement; there is no one telling them you go now, as if it’s some synchronized EVENT. They just let rip! Yet we think in our seats that we are far the better, far the more privileged when we it tingles inside, and the truth is being spread abroad in our hearts, or when we get excited to not “shout” AMEN unto the LORD. Are we any better?